WHAT IS A DENTAL FILLING?
Fillings are the most common and affordable dental restorative procedure for both children and adults. They’re used to restore the function and integrity of missing tooth structures commonly caused by tooth decay. By applying a filling we reduce the bacteria in a patient’s mouth, extend the life of the tooth and delay the need for additional dental work..
TYPES OF FILLING
- Silver Amalgam Filling – This is a preferred choice because of it.s relatively lower price. However, it is not aesthetically pleasing, and its (metallic mineral) components also respond to temperature changes by contracting and expanding, sometimes causing the tooth to crack.
- Composite Filling – This mixture of plastic and ceramic is the preferred option, as it’s tooth-similar coloration makes it a perfect option for corroded tooth
- Ceramic Filling
- Glass Ionome
- Porcelain Fillings
CATEGORIES OF TOOTH FILLING
There are two types of dental fillings – Direct fillings and indirect fillings, Direct fillings are those that are made in your mouth indirect fillings, while indirect fillings are those that are made outside of your mouth and then cemented unto your tooth in your mouth. Direct feelings and usually quicker to place and cost less than indirect fillings. indirect feelings while using more expensive may last longer and will usually have a better shape especially if the feeling is a large feeling.
PROCEDURE FOR TOOTH FILLING
Imagine a patient who has been experiencing some slight discomfort in the lower-left first molar, we’ll need to:
- Get some X-rays taken of a patient’s teeth: X-rays or radiographs are essential low-cost diagnostic tools used to examine a tooth root to check the health of the bones surrounding the tooth and observe the status of developing teeth and find abnormalities where they may exist
- Next, the tooth is trimmed and prepared
- Etching the enamel and dentin with acid
- Then the bonding agent is applied
- The composite is placed over the tooth
- Curing the restoration
- Finally, the filling is shaped to look like the missing part of the tooth
PRICE RANGE OF DENTAL FILLING
Although there may be varying prices across several dental clinics in Lagos, however, cost ranges between N20, 000 and N45,000 for the most common, popular and durable dental filling – Composite Filling. We recommend Composite Filling
COMMON QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ON DENTAL FILLING
- Are composite fillings good? Yes they are, and they are the preferred option
- How long does a ceramic filling last? It is pretty durable, and its lifespan ranges between 12-15years; even longer sometimes
- Is ceramic filling permanent? No. However, it could last as long as 20 years, depending on how well you take care of it.
- Which is the most expensive filling and why? Porcelain fillings
BEST DENTAL CLINIC IN LEKKI, LAGOS FOR TOOTH FILLING
Although there may be several dental clinics in Lagos Nigeria, and there may also be several dentists near you, it is imperative to visit the right dental clinic for you. A good dentist will take into consideration your dental health & safety in this Covid-era, your personal hygiene, your time in such a busy city, and last but certainly not the least, your pocket.
There is one clinic proven to fulfill these criteria and has been adjudged the “best dental clinic in Lekki”, “best dentist near me” (for our three branches spread across Lagos mainland and Island), and finally, the “best dentist in Lagos” by multiple Lagosians constantly leaving 5-star Google reviews. Hilton Dental Clinic, located in Lekki, Amuwo-Odofn, and Abijo is your plug for tooth fillings and all other dental treatments.
Leave a Reply