Imagine having never walked and then receiving new limbs that turn you into an Olympic gold medallist.
Imagine having never seen and you receive a new pair of eyes to see the beauty in the world.
Imagine having lost a couple of your front teeth and you had an option that would restore your dashing appearance, wouldn’t that be a great deal?
Fortunately, it is possible to get new teeth that look and function like your natural ones; they are called dental implants.
WHAT ARE IMPLANTS?
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is placed into your jaw bone to support a crown or a bridge replacing your missing tooth.
WHO NEEDS AN IMPLANT?
- Anyone who has lost a tooth or multiple teeth will benefit from an implant treatment.
- Another category of people who will need an implant is current denture wearers who are uncomfortable with having to take care of their dentures every day and the embarrassment of taking it off and putting them on.
- If you would rather not have perfectly healthy teeth trimmed down in order to fit in a bridge, an implant will be a good alternative.
- For those who have lost all the teeth in their mouth and do not have properly fitting dentures.
A small implant which looks like a screw is inserted into your jaw bone. It is allowed for some time to fuse with your jawbone. Afterward, an appropriate restoration such as a crown, bridge or denture is fixed to the implant and ready for use.
ADVANTAGES OF IMPLANTS
- They are more convenient for you than dentures.
- They are the most durable tooth replacement option, often lasting more than a decade.
- Implants look and feel like your own teeth. And because they are designed to fuse with bone, they become permanent.
- Improved speech as opposed to what is obtainable with poor-fitting dentures
- Improved comfort. Because they become part of you, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Implants can give you back your smile and help you feel better about your appearance.
Leave a Reply